This is the first of what I hope to be a full on project that will eventually culminate into an arcade game.
Pencils were taken into Photoshop, converted to cyan for inking. I printed off that cyan copy, inked it, and then re-scanned the piece. Once scanned, I clean up any stray pencil lines and brought it into Illustrator and further cleaned up using the Live Trace feature. I did this to give a better, more organic feel to the inks as my inking tends to lose some of the organic-ness of the pencil drawing. Then it was brought back into Photoshop for a traditional coloring. While the subject matter usually has a cel-shaded coloring applied to it, I chose to go with a more "traditional" coloring style as it is the desired look for the overall project.
Any critiques are greatly encouraged!