Theme

This week features the topic pick of our 3rd Place Winner of the TLDB Scavenger Hunt, Adam Laarsen! Adam's pick: Lord of the Rings Villains.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

"MeadowVale 1212"

"MeadowVale 1212" ... colored pencil on 8"x10" black Canson Mi-Teintes board by Robert Elrod.

When I read Luke's mention of the old radio show "Suspense" being 'radio's outstanding theater of thrills' I had to check it out. My piece is inspired by one of the broadcasts from the show. The episode was called "The Dead Sleep Lightly" and aired March 30, 1943. No, I wasn't around for it but found a great website that lists all of the episodes with links to recordings of the show. If you're interested in checking out the show, here's a link to this specific episode: http://www.escape-suspense.com/2009/09/suspense-the-dead-sleep-lightly.html.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! This perfectly captures suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, love the delicate pencil work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great effect for the topic man! If I saw that ghost chick I would throw the phone at her and scream like a girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mr. Awesome! I'd be running and screaming too!!!

      Delete