Theme

This week features the topic pick of our 3rd Place Winner of the TLDB Scavenger Hunt, Adam Laarsen! Adam's pick: Lord of the Rings Villains.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's ABOMINABLE Time!



Now I'm not a huge fan of Adventure Time, but I do enjoy it. Part of me just can't get behind some of the story elements, but I respect it stylistically and see where it fits in the grand scheme of American animation. So I figured that I'd try my hand at emulating the style. The catch for me was then attempting to take a classic character, The Abominable Snowman from the Christmas Classic claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and draw him as he'd appear in Adventure Time. I feel like it was successful and I hope to take this piece to completion.

2 comments:

  1. I totally thought this was an Adventure Time character before I read your post. Think you nailed the style. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Really nailed it. There was no question about what style you were going for as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete