Theme

This week features the topic pick of our 3rd Place Winner of the TLDB Scavenger Hunt, Adam Laarsen! Adam's pick: Lord of the Rings Villains.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Living Dead Girl

I don't typically do pinup style art. I'm not sure that everyone would agree that this falls into that category but I'm going to go ahead and say it does. Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, I looked at a bunch of Gil Elvgren pieces before starting this. There is a specific painting of his that I took extra notice of when doing this. I don't know if I would tall this an homage but I enjoy and respect Elvgren's work quite a lot.

"Living Dead Girl" ... digital by Robert Elrod.

6 comments:

  1. The colors on this are sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, my man! Gotta love those adjustment layers. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Yeah I think you managed to cross genres and keep your spooky style intact! Good stuff man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haw! You're entirely too kind but I do appreciate it! Thanks, my friend!!!

      Delete
  3. This blog rocks! You see all kinds of crazy images!

    Great work mang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We have a good time with all of this craziness. Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Awesome!

      Delete